- 3 bell peppers (capsicum), different colors
- 150g ricotta cheese
- 150g cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 red onion
- 1 lemon (rind)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
Would you like to make some Stuffed Bell Peppers? If so, you are at the right place.
They are delicious, plus it’s a low calorie dish that will surely impress any last minute guests.
With max 35mins to prepare – let’s get started:
1) Pre-heat the oven to 350 F (180 C)
2) Cut the bell peppers in half, remove seeds (with a spoon) and place on a slighty oiled baking tray.
3) Combine ricotta, cherry tomatoes, red onion, lemon rind, garlic and half the basil leaves in a dish, mix well.
4) Use the above mixture to fill the bell peppers. Don’t be afraid to go over the edge, put some more ricotta & oil on top.
5) Place bell peppers in the oven and bake for around 25 minutes or until brown. Decorate with remaining basil leaves.
There you have it! A perfect dish to serve to guests, loved ones or yourself, if you want something quick and different!
Our hint: We loved these bell peppers while they were warm – but they taste even better when cold! So do not worry – it’s a great dish server warm or cool.