- 1 bottle Dry Red wine
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 orange
- 1 apple
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 & 1/2 cups Rum (optional)
This recipe is based on a classic Spanish Sangria; but we haven’t used Rum in ours, however we’ve added an apple.
You can put any fruits you like, like strawberries, raspberries etc… whatever is in season!
Follow these steps to make a tasty (and tested) Spanish Sangria:
1) Chill the fruits, wine and orange juice. Measure a 1/2 cup white sugar and 1 cup of orange juice. Set the sugar aside & put the juice in the fridge.
2) Slice all fruits into thin rounds (or squares if you prefer!) and place them in a large glass pitcher.
3) Pour the sugar and red wine (and optional 1 & 1/2 cups of Rum) into the pitcher. Put it in the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
4) After chilled, pour the orange juice into the pitcher and stir it well.
5) Serve in your favorite glass (wine glass or tall) and enjoy this delicious drink! Add a few ice cubes if desired.