- 1 cup of frozen raspberries
- 200g fresh raspberries to serve
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 cups white wine
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 4 x 3 cm strips of orange zest
- 6 peaches
- Vanilla Ice cream to serve
Success of this amazingly simple recipe lays in getting the ripe peaches. You will have to cook them for a minimum of 4 minutes. The peach, once cooked, should be soft and juicy and skin should come of easily. When straining raspberries, make sure to separate the pits to make the clear puree.
1. Blend frozen raspberries and caster sugar together, then strain it.
2. Put honey, wine and zest in a large saucepan and bring it slowly to boil.
3. Lower the heat and place peaches into the syrup. Simmer peaches for about 3 mins or until their skin starts to peel.
4. Remove peaches gently from the syrup, allow to cool and remove the skin.
5. Boil syrup rapidly until reduced by half. Leave it to cool.
6. Serve peaches with fresh raspberries and ice cream. Drizzle with syrup and raspberry puree.Peach Melba,