- 4 eggs
- 4 bacon slices
- 100g butter
- salt/pepper (optional)
- blue food dye
We will keep it short and simple. Everyone knows how to crack some eggs and make an omelette.
But do you know what makes this recipe special? Yep, the blue color of course.
1) Chop up 4 bacon slices (we used middle bacon rashers with almost no fat around), heat up the pan with some oil
2) Separate 4 egg yolks, put them in a glass. With the egg whites – whip them in a bowl until smooth.
3) Add some blue food dye into the egg white mixture
4) Add sliced bacon into the hot pan, fry until crispy. After that, pour the blue egg white mixture on top of the bacon.
5) Carefully, with a spoon, start adding egg yolks one by one onto the pan. Scatter them so they don’t mix.
6) Cover the pan and cook for another 5 minutes until the egg whites are set and the egg yolks are not too runny.
Salt/Pepper is optional, add it to taste.
There you have it! A unique, alien-looking blue egg omelette.
Blue Egg Omelette,