- Beef mince
- Burger bun
- 1 Egg
- 1 slice Cheese
- Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper (optional)
All you really need to make this delicious cheeseburger at home is 4 ingredients, a frying pan and only 15 mins of your time!
Follow these simple steps to get started:
1) Take a portion of your beef mince and roll it into a decent sized ball to make the beef patty.
Thickness is really up to you, the thicker the patty – the longer it will take to cook it through.
2) Squeeze your “mince ball” with your hand to make it flat. Find a glass that can fit in the middle of it, leaving a decent amount of meat on the sides.
3) Press the glass in the middle the beef mince patty, scoop out the middle part. Pre-heat your pan, put some oil on it.
4) Carefully, with a wide spatula lift up your beef mince (with a hole in it!) and put it on the pan.
5) Follow the 1 flip rule – fry it on one side for a few minutes, until the lower half is done. Flip it.
6) Crack your egg into a spare glass, it will be easier pouring it into the middle of beef patty. Do it carefully, as soon as you flipped the patty.
7) Cover your pan with a lid – it will make sure the egg is cooked evenly and much quicker, so your beef patty doesn’t dry up. Lift up the lid.
8) Slice your burger bun in half. Take your slice of cheese and either melt it right on top of the beef+egg patty, while it’s frying – or put it on the bottom of the bun. Warm patty on top of the cheese will have the same effect and melt it where needed, while the edges of your cheese remain slightly harder.
9) Put salt/pepper on top or any sauce you prefer. We poured some mustard and ketchup on top of the patty and it tasted like a homemade, real beef McDonald’s cheeseburger. With a runny egg inside.
10) Enjoy this wonderful creation, talk about it, instagram it, share it with your favorite people.
Questions, comments? Let us know in the comment section below or tell us your spin on this original yet simple egg in beef burger!Beef & Egg Cheeseburger,