- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup lemon juice (freshly squeezed, 4 small or 2 large lemons)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- ice cubes
The recipe we are posting will make about 2-3 glasses of lemonade. Depending on your taste, you can add more/less water at the end.
So let’s get started:
1) Combine 1/4 cup water and sugar in a microwave safe bowl, heat on high for 45-55 seconds and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Set aside to cool down.
Tip – for those who don’t like sweet drinks, put less sugar.
2) Squeeze some lemon juice (with a juicer or by hand) into another bowl or a thick glass.
3) Add basil leaves into the lemon juice and muddle them together (with a base of a wooden spoon if you don’t have a tool).
4) Into the lemon juice + basil mixture, add your sugar infused water and 2/3 cups of cold water on the top.
5) Pour this tasty lemonade over ice and add some extra water on top if desired. The more water you add, the more portions it makes.
So here it is, a simple 5-step Basil Lemonade recipe that will only take you 5mins to make!
Have you tried to make this? Any suggestions or comments are welcome.Basil Lemonade,