- Makes 1 dozen muffins
- 1 and 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (1 large or 2 small)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
They are quick to prepare and take only 20 minutes in the oven, so whip them up now and you’ll have a delicious treat in no time.
Follow these simple steps to get started:
1) Preheat oven to 205 degrees °C / 400 °F
2) Measure flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and chocolate chips into a large bowl. Combine well, and make a well in the center.
3) Get a large bowl, and beat the egg until frothy.
4) Mix in cooking oil, milk, and mashed bananas into the bowl with the egg.
5) Pour wet mixture into the well. Stir only to moisten. Batter will be lumpy.
6) Fill greased muffin cups 3/4 full.
7) Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes. Enjoy!
This recipe was submitted by Julia Sweeney – Big thanks, Julia!Banana Chip Muffins,