- 4 large potatoes
- 3-4 eggs
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 cup of fresh cream
- 80g butter
- 10 rashers of bacon
- Shredded tasty cheese
- (onion, salt & pepper to taste)
To make this bacon and cheese potato bake, you don’t have to be a master chef. Just follow these simple steps below:
Pre-heat the oven to 180(C) degrees.
1) Cut your bacon rashers into relatively thick slices and fry them on the pan.
2) While the bacon is frying, prepare the following mixture:
2.1) Melt your 80grams of butter in the microwave (in a bowl, 30-40secs on high)
2.2) Add 3-4 eggs into the butter and stir with a fork
2.3) Pour 1/2 cup of milk into the mixture and mix well
3) Slice the potatoes into thin, round slices
4) Prepare an oven safe dish, spray it with oil on the bottom and sides
5) Start layering the potatoes in neat, circle pattern. Layers will go like this: potatoes + butter mixture + fried bacon + cream + shredded cheese (repeat).
6) Repeat the layers until you run out of ingredients or fill up the dish to the top.
Hint: Make the top layer extra cheesy and put some raw bacon shreds on top. Put salt/pepper to taste.
Put the dish in the oven, for about 2 hrs if you want it to be well-baked. The colour on top should be golden brown and crunchy, egg mixture should set and not be runny.
Enjoy this beautiful, chessy goodness yourself or share it with family or friends.
Bacon & Cheese Potato Bake,