- FOR 2 PEOPLE:
- 2 large potatoes
- 1/4 avocado
- 1/2 cup milk (to taste)
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
Avocado mashed potatoes – what a genius idea, isn’t it? Some people have never tried it before – and they’re missing out.
To make this dish, you ONLY NEED 2 ingredients! Potatoes and avocado.
Everything esle is based on individual taste and will not affect the outcome at all. No milk? No problem. No butter? Who needs it.
Great for people who are allergic to dairy as well or are trying to lose weight but still want to enjoy the mash.
Follow the steps below:
1) As a side dish for 2 people, we used 2 large potatoes (skin on) and 1/4 of avocado
2) Peel the potatoes and dice them into cubes to cook them quicker, put a bit of salt in the water
3) While the potatoes boil, slice your avocado – any way you want, it will be mashed anyway
4) Drain the water from your boiled potatoes and start mashing them by hand or with a stand mixer.
(this is also when you may add some milk or butter into the mix, if desired)
5) When the potatoes are mashed to your liking, start putting the avocado pieces in and mash for a bit more.
Hint: for extra flavor, you can add some extra salt & pepper or garlic powder to the mix.
You should end up with a beautiful side dish, that only took a few minutes to make!
Avocado Mashed Potatoes,